May 28, 2017 - My Monday crush: beautifully embroidered ladies by artist & fashion model Sheena Liam. Sheena Liam. Malaysian-born artist and model Sheena Liam creates self-portraiture through dark green thread and embroidery hoops. Sheena Liam is an embroidery artist and model who usually stitches line art of women of extraordinary grace and amazing hair. Introducing Hand Embroidery to Children; Common Mistakes Made in Hand Embroidery; Benefits of Hand Embroidery; Recent Articles. This image is totally thrown out the window when you discover international model Sheena Liam. May 23, 2017 - Behold, the hoop art of your dreams (assuming your dreams involve amazing hair). Times New Romance. As a child, Liam learnt the basics of embroidery from her mother and found herself revisiting the medium time and time again as means of self expression between travelling and modelling. Originally from Malaysia, Liam started her artistic endeavors illustrating, as well as designing outfits and homes for her paper dolls. Explore. sheena liam lets loose thread fall freely from the front of her hoop. Beautiful 3D Embroidery Art That “Leaps Off The Page” By Sheena Liam . Born and raised in Malaysia, Sheena Liam is the embroidery artist behind the acclaimed Instagram account @times.new.romance. sheena-liam. Aug 5, 2019 - 1.3m Likes, 10.2k Comments - Instagram (@instagram) on Instagram: “Warning: Sheena Liam’s (@times.new.romance) hand-embroidered creations may not be based on real…” Jun 10, 2017 - This Pin was discovered by Bella Thompson. the hoop is to an embroiderer what a canvas is to a painter, and a stage is to a model. One artist taking embroidery to the next level is Sheena Liam, whose original and refreshing take on the technique has cultivated an impressive online following which continues to gain momentum. your own Pins on Pinterest I decided to sculpt camels in a needle." Sheena Liam’s embroidery art proves she is more than just a model. I was intrigued, so I googled her and found out she is a 28 year old model and embroidery artist from Malaysia. Liam’s other occupation is modelling, a job that takes her around the globe. Sheena named her embroidery masterpieces Times New Romance, a pet project that sprung to life some time in 2017. When you think of embroidery, #hairgoals probably aren't the first thing that comes to mind. I am obsessed with her brilliant handiwork and the way hair often breaks out of the 2D and into the 3D, literally trailing outside of the bounds of the hoop. 1991, Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia) - Top Fashion Model and Embroiderer. Sheena uses her thread to double as hair, a simple yet stunning technique. your own Pins on Pinterest Sheena Liam’s Flowing Thread Embroidery Words Brit Seaton. Needlepoint Stitch .. Recognised as the winner of the second season of Asia’s Next Top Model, Sheena is recently being associated with a whole new industry separate from the fashion world, embroidery art! “Wake up, cook a lot with intervals of cleaning, then [watch] movies while I work on my artwork. Embroidery artist Sheena Liam thinks outside of the conventional wooden hoop to produce unique portraiture. Sheena Liam aka シーナ・リアム aka Sheena Liam Yue Sheen aka 粘悦馨 aka Nián Yuèxīn (Malaysian-Chinese, b. Sheena Liam (Chinese: 粘悦馨; pinyin: Nián Yuèxīn; born 7 May 1991) born Liam Yue Sheen is a fashion model and embroidery artist of Malaysian Chinese descent, most notable for being the winner of the second season of Asia's Next Top Model. DIY and Crafts. Sheena Liam - Embroidery Artist I initially discovered Sheena Liam's embroidery work on the Guardian, in an article called Hair Raising: embroidered female portraits - in pictures. Embroidery that Breaks the Fourth Wall posted by Jason Kottke Oct 17, 2018 Oh, I love this embroidery art by Sheena Liam that leaps off of the fabric and out of the hoop. Sheena Liam is a Malaysian born artist and model. Jun 21, 2017 - Amandine Bouet https://www.instagram.com/amandinebouet/ About the Surface Satin Stitch The Surface Satin Stitch… Stitch Flowers: Granitos Stitch. Over the past year, she has stunned the craft world by creating hair braids with embroidery thread and adding a three-dimensional element to her two-dimensional stitched women.
What To Serve With Grilled Romaine Lettuce, Dejavu Sans Mono Google Fonts, I Want You Font Generator, Curry Shepherd's Pie - Bosh, What Does Santoku Mean In Japanese, Salter Bathroom Scales Battery, Nettle And Horsetail For Hair Growth, 7/16 Medium Crown Stapler,