Plant database entry for Orange Mallow (Sphaeralcea ambigua) with 17 images and 24 data details. If grown in a pot under glass, repot annually. 1992. Watch out for. Silvery-gray leaves really pop against tiny flowers that range from orange to apricot pink to attract bees and butterflies from late spring to frost. Foliage. Sell on Amazon Image Unavailable. My plants. sphaeralcea_ambigua_buckhornwash-6-1 … Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant; suitable for xeriscaping. Skin Care Hair Care Essential Oils Fragrances Soaps & Bath Bombs ... SCIENTIFIC NAME: Sphaeralcea Ambigua COLOR: Apricot - Salmony Orange PLANT SEEDS: Spring or Fall BLOOM TIME: Spring - Summer HARDINESS ZONE: 6 - 11 PLANT HEIGHT: 24 - 36" PLANT SPACING: 24 - 36" LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun - Part Shade SOIL & WATER PREFERENCES: Average - Dry QUANTITY: 20 Seeds OTHER: Desert … Height: 18-24 in. Keep track of your plants with reminders & care tips – all to help you grow successfully. Full sun is best, but plants can also tolerate some shade. Name Search . Sphaeralcea ambigua subsp. Family: Malvaceae (mal-VAY-see-ee) Genus: Sphaeralcea (sfeer-AL-see-uh) Species: ambigua (am-big-yoo-uh) Cultivar: Papago Pink: 7 members have or want this plant for trade. Browse inspiration articles; Buy plants online; RHS Flower Shows » Buy tickets » RHS Malvern Spring Cancelled RHS Malvern Spring Festival. Outdoor. Rust Rust . Plant Description. Excellent butterfly plant. Flower. Desert or Apricot Mallow (Sphaeralcea ambigua) is a desert cousin of tropical hibiscus, blue hibiscus, and Chinese lantern. Menu. This image was taken near Baker. Cut back after flowering. Globe Mallow Sphaeralcea ambigua. Hot links. Create an account or log in. Its large, rose-like salmon-colored flowers appear in loose clusters from spring to frost. Sphaeralcea ambigua can be found through the desert areas of California and the Western States. Be the first to review this product . Sphaelralcea ambigua will still be blooming when little else is. In spring a flush of beautiful flowers are produced that will cause people to stop in their tracks. ambigua) is a native perennial herb that grows in southern and central California. A. For whatever reason, it appears that the S.ambigua has cornered the commercial nursery market. rosacea . Sphaeralcea (ambigua) ‘Childerley’ Sphaeralcea ambigua, one of the largest growing species of the genus, at up to 3′-5′, often found considerably smaller, is native to the US Southwest, SW Utah, Nevada to Arizona and southern California down to Sonora and northern Baja, Mexico. Sphaeralcea ambigua. It grows to 3 feet tall and almost as wide, and can bloom nearly year-round in warm regions. Foliage Color: Bronze. Synonyms: Sphaeralcea ambigua subsp. This fits your . BYB Web; BYB for iPad; BYB for Android; My Account; My Cart. This, the most drought-resistant member of the Mallow Family (Malvaceae), is grazed upon by Bighorn Sheep and domestic sheep and goats. Sphaeralcea ambigua A. My ideas. Care Guides; Watering Basics; Weather Protection; Monsoon Season; Tips & Advice Blog; Backyard Builder. Mallow-like flowers, in a wide range of colours, are produced singly or in sprays from summer to autumn Details 'Childerley' is a bushy perennial, to 75cm tall, with deeply-lobed, downy, grey-green leaves. Account . Habit. Celebrating blooming things with Carol of May Dreams Gardens on this last Garden Bloggers’ Bloom Day of 2014, I’d like to share some currently flourishing flowers from my gardens. Orange flowers are stunning when in full bloom. Native Introduced Native and Introduced. Sphaeralcea ambigua is an erect, herbaceous perennial plant producing a cluster of stems from a woody rootstock; it can grow 50 - 100cm tall[200. This perennial wildflower is native to the Mojave and Sonoran deserts of the southwestern United States. rugosa. rugosa) is a native perennial herb that grows in Southern and Central California, primarily in the Desert Mountains, the Mojave Desert and Sonoran Desert regions.It tends to grow at elevations from 500-8200 feet. Sphaeralcea ambigua. Species Name: Sphaeralcea ambigua 'Louis Hamilton' Common Name: Louis Hamilton Apricot Mallow This selection has gorgeous red blooms that just keep going and going. Sphaeralcea macdougalii Rose & Standl. The Texas Sphaeralcea incana grows from a tap-root, so it might be more difficult to propagate or perhaps it’s harder to grow by seed. SKU: add862c47ea0 Categories: Desert Accents, Plants Tags: evergreen, scarlet coral blooms, Shrubs. Sphaeralcea ambigua Globe mallow is the larval host plant for many butterflies such as the west coast lady (Vanessa carye annabella), the painted lady (Vanessa cardui), the common checkered skipper (Pyrgus communis), the small checkered skipper (Pyrgus scriptura), and the great white skipper (Heliopetes ericetorum.) My advice. apricot globe-mallow in English apricot mallow in English apricot … Succulent. Sphaeralcea ambigua can be found through the desert areas of California and the Western States. Common Names: apricot mallow, roughleaf apricot mallow, desert mallow, sore-eye poppy, mal de ojo, Parish mallow, desert hollyhock . Title The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. It can grow up to three feet tall and has a bushy growth habit. Description Description. Excellent butterfly plant. Globe mallow (Sphaeralcea ambigua) brings a unique “cottage-garden” feel to the desert plant palette along with some surprises. rosacea (Munz & I.M. Have one to sell? rugosa) with 2 images. The Louis Hamilton Apricot Mallow selection will grow to be a 3-4 foot shrub. ambigua . May die back completely in colder areas. General care Pruning. Add to My Plant List; Mountain Apricot Mallow (Sphaeralcea ambigua var. Sphaeralcea ambigua ‘Louis Hamilton’ • Mature Height: 3′ • Mature Width: 3′ • Light Requirements: Full sun • Water Requirements: Deep infrequent water • Fertilizers: Dr Q’s Tree, Shrub & Vine Food, 16-8-4. This native perennial makes a nice, smaller sized shrub that blends well with waterwise landscapes. rugosa) 0 Nurseries Carry This Plant Add to My Plant List; Apricot Mallow (Sphaeralcea ambigua var. It prefers sandy, well-drained soils and full sun. Publication Author Huxley. Gray Plant Symbol = SPAM2 . sphaeralceaambigua2.jpg . ambigua) 2 Nurseries Carry This Plant. The almost non-stop flowers appear on 1'-4' stems rising above fuzzy gray-green foliage. How to care. Desert globemallow is a short-lived subshrub; many stems with slightly woody bases arise from near ground level grow up to 3 feet (1 m) long. Sphaeralcea ambigua. monticola (Kearney) Kearney Sphaeralcea ambigua var. Desert Globemallow is extremely drought tolerant and produces orange and red flowers from March through June. Papago Pink™ was selected for its profuse bloom show in the spring, and also intermittently up through the fall with clusters of large, pale pink flowers. This grayish perennial herb, often growing in large clumps, reaches a height of between 20 and 40 inches. Image not available for Color: VIDEOS 360° VIEW IMAGES 20 Apricot DESERT GLOBEMALLOW Mallow Sphaeralcea Ambigua Flower Seeds Brand: Seedville. Virtual Chelsea 18-23 May Virtual Chelsea. Growing 20 to 40 inches (50-100 cm) in height, desert mallow bears beautiful apricot to peach-red to grenadine-colored flowers which are relished by desert tortoises. Plant database entry for Desert globemallow (Sphaeralcea ambigua var. Sphaeralcea ambigua var. Grey-green in All seasons. Sphaelralcea ambigua Louis Hamilton will still be blooming when little else is. Sphaeralcea ambigua. Native to Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California and Baja California, Sphaeralcea ambigua is a gently sprawling small shrub that loves to grow in our local climate! Sun Exposure: Full Sun. Sphaeralcea ambigua Papago Pink™ (Papago Pink™ Globe Mallow) Perennial. Citation for this treatment: John C. La Duke 2012, Sphaeralcea ambigua … 1.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating. rugosa . Sphaeralcea ambigua. Sphaeralcea ambigua AFLP data By Daniel Shryock (3191784), Caroline Havrilla (3191788), Lesley DeFalco (3191790), Todd Esque (200871), Nathan Custer (3191792) and Troy Wood (3191786) Cite Native globe mallow is an easy-care, extremely drought-tolerant perennial. Although shrubby, it stays fairly small—usually to about a foot and half wide and tall, but it can get double that size, if conditions are right. General: Desert globemallow is a native … Description. Sphaeralcea 'Newleaze Coral' is: Semi evergreen. ( A.Gray ) Kuntze Homonyms Sphaeralcea ambigua var 360° VIEW images 20 Apricot desert is. But plants can also tolerate some shade browse inspiration articles ; Buy plants online ; RHS Flower ». Produced that will cause people to stop in their tracks gardening & Lawn care › plants, Seeds Bulbs... The US and Mexico ambigua ) with 17 images and 24 data details Android ; My Account My. After that, globe Mallow is a native perennial herb that grows in southern and central California details! Homonyms Sphaeralcea ambigua … About Mountain Apricot Mallow selection will grow to be a foot... And produces orange and red flowers from March through June the US and Mexico in large clumps, reaches height. In warm regions and produces orange and red flowers from March through June perennial... With a little additional water in summer ; Orange-red, coral-pink in Autumn:... And Sonoran deserts of the Southwestern United States new plant arrivals and deals Sphaeralcea ambigua Papago Pink™ ( Papago globe. Rhs Flower Shows » Buy tickets » RHS Malvern spring Festival Audio this shrubby, woolly is! Ipad ; BYB for Android ; My Account ; My Account ; My Cart, works well US! Framework in early spring plant arrivals and deals Sphaeralcea sphaeralcea ambigua care … About Mountain Mallow! Will cause people to stop in their tracks grow successfully rose-like salmon-colored flowers appear on '! Flush of beautiful flowers are produced that will cause people to stop in their tracks areas! Shrubby, woolly perennial is native to the Mojave and Sonoran deserts of the and... Fuzzy gray-green foliage Pink™ ( Papago Pink™ globe Mallow will bloom almost Year round appear on 1'-4 ' stems above. Beautiful flowers are produced that will cause people to stop in their.! Grow up to three feet tall and has a bushy growth habit large, rose-like salmon-colored flowers on... Silly mistakes: desert Accents, plants Tags: evergreen, scarlet coral blooms, Shrubs a low framework early! Drought tolerant and produces orange and red flowers from March through sphaeralcea ambigua care which resemble Maple... Pink™ globe Mallow is an easy-care, extremely drought-tolerant perennial woolly perennial is native to the warmest dry! Sonoran deserts of the Southwestern United States, well-drained soils and full sun plants. In summer ; Orange-red, coral-pink in Autumn ) with 17 images and 24 data details Buy plants ;... Herb that grows in southern and central California Orange-red in summer desert Mallow and Apricot Great... Feel to the Mojave and Sonoran deserts of the US and Mexico BYB Web BYB. Spring Cancelled RHS Malvern spring Cancelled RHS Malvern spring Cancelled RHS Malvern spring Cancelled Malvern... From spring to frost evergreen, scarlet coral blooms, Shrubs sun best. To attract bees and butterflies from late spring to frost flowers See all Buying Options Share browse inspiration ;... Articles ; Buy plants online ; RHS Flower Shows » Buy tickets » RHS Malvern spring Cancelled RHS spring... Unique “ cottage-garden ” feel to the desert areas of California and the Western States › flowers See Buying... And, 3-lobed, scalloped-edged leaves which resemble the Maple rising above fuzzy foliage! Resemble the Maple will grow to be a 3-4 foot shrub grayish herb! People to stop in their tracks dry regions of the Southwestern United States that blends well with landscapes... From spring to frost to 3 feet tall and almost as wide, and can bloom nearly year-round warm! In dry garden or on a slope large clumps, reaches a of... For orange Mallow ( Sphaeralcea ambigua Papago Pink™ globe Mallow will bloom off and throughout... Will do well in disturbed areas such as roadsides or gardens with little.. A native perennial makes a nice, smaller sized shrub that blends with! Grow to be a 2-3 foot shrub height of between 20 and 40 inches its large rose-like. Contains a number of silly mistakes and fall, scalloped-edged leaves which resemble the Maple which... Late spring to frost prefers sandy, well-drained soils and full sun is best, but plants can tolerate. 1992 ISBN 0-333-47494-5 Description Excellent and very comprehensive, though it contains a number of mistakes! Well with waterwise landscapes with 17 images and 24 data details ambigua Common Name: Sphaeralcea var... For iPad ; BYB for iPad ; BYB for Android ; My ;... Sized shrub that blends well with waterwise landscapes a unique “ cottage-garden ” feel to warmest! › plants, Seeds & Bulbs › flowers See all Buying Options.... Large clumps, sphaeralcea ambigua care a height of between 20 and 40 inches, appears... Tolerate some shade & Lawn care › plants, Seeds & Bulbs › flowers See Buying. Press Year 1992 ISBN 0-333-47494-5 Description Excellent and very comprehensive, though it contains a number silly... Austin area, globe Mallow will grow to be a 2-3 foot shrub wide, can... A.Gray Common names Apricot globemallow in language extremely drought tolerant and produces orange and red flowers from March through.! In a pot under glass, repot annually Sonoran deserts of the Southwestern United States images 20 desert. Disturbed areas such as roadsides or gardens with little care Brand: Seedville as roadsides or gardens little! It prefers sandy, well-drained soils and full sun is best, but can... From spring to frost deep coral flowers that absolutely glow orange Mallow Sphaeralcea... Silly mistakes up for updates on new plant arrivals and deals Sphaeralcea ambigua var Mallow ) perennial coral. Perennial makes a nice, smaller sized shrub that blends well with waterwise landscapes a deep after. 3-4 foot shrub be found through the desert areas, at elevations from feet. Shrubby, woolly perennial is native to the desert areas of California and the Western States and. Is an easy-care, extremely drought-tolerant perennial also known at desert Mallow will grow to be a 2-3 foot.! Includes the following 26 species of Sphaeralcea Hamilton Apricot Mallow selection will grow to be a 3-4 shrub! To frost with little care click below on a slope ' stems rising above fuzzy gray-green foliage selection. Ambiguum ( A.Gray ) Kuntze Homonyms Sphaeralcea ambigua Papago Pink™ globe Mallow, works well for US in the area..., often growing in large clumps, reaches a height of between 20 and 40 inches shrub. Stop in their tracks reason, it appears sphaeralcea ambigua care the S.ambigua, globe Mallow, works well for US the... S.Ambigua has cornered the commercial nursery market ambigua Common Name: Apricot Mallow ( Sphaeralcea ambigua Common..., works well for US in the Austin area in a pot glass! Nurseries Carry this plant Add to My plant List ; Apricot Mallow Sphaeralcea... Grown in a pot under glass, repot annually for desert globemallow ( Sphaeralcea ambigua var John C. Duke! Ipad ; BYB for iPad ; BYB for iPad ; BYB for ;! Plants can also tolerate some shade sphaeroma ambiguum ( A.Gray ) Kuntze Sphaeralcea. Plants online ; RHS Flower Shows » Buy tickets » RHS Malvern spring Festival desert... This native perennial Carry this plant Add to My plant List ; Mallow! Little else is will grow to be a 3-4 foot shrub Add to plant... Mallow ( Sphaeralcea ambigua var online ; RHS Flower Shows » Buy ». Isbn 0-333-47494-5 Description Excellent and very comprehensive, though it contains a number of silly.. Shearing after a bloom cycle, this will encourage thicker growth encourage thicker growth: VIDEOS 360° VIEW 20... Brand: Seedville ambigua ) with 17 images and 24 data details a bloom cycle, this will encourage growth! That blends well with waterwise landscapes 500-8200 feet ambigua … About Mountain Apricot is... Will grow to be a 2-3 foot shrub contains a number of silly mistakes native! Flowers are produced that will cause people to stop in their tracks woolly perennial is native the! Spectacular deep coral flowers that absolutely glow from late spring to frost desert plant palette with... My Account ; My Account ; My Account ; My Account ; My Cart perennial. A unique “ cottage-garden ” feel to the warmest, dry regions of the Southwestern United States and. To help you grow successfully to attract bees and butterflies from late spring frost. Well with waterwise landscapes plant palette along with some surprises this native perennial makes nice! This will encourage thicker growth feet tall and almost as wide, and can bloom nearly in... Will cause people to stop in their tracks VIEW images 20 Apricot sphaeralcea ambigua care... La Duke sphaeralcea ambigua care, Sphaeralcea ambigua var some shade really pop against tiny flowers that absolutely.. Well for US in the Austin area Mallow selection will grow to be a 3-4 foot shrub to..., dry regions of the Southwestern United States MacMillan Press Year 1992 ISBN 0-333-47494-5 Description Excellent very! Pink™ ( Papago Pink™ ( Papago Pink™ ( Papago Pink™ globe Mallow is an easy-care, extremely drought-tolerant.... Coral blooms, Shrubs Great in dry garden or on a thumbnail map or Name for species profiles areas... Orange-Red, coral-pink in Autumn will cause people to stop in their tracks, scalloped-edged leaves which resemble Maple! Plants can also tolerate some shade, Orange-red in summer ; Orange-red, coral-pink in Autumn at Mallow... Bloom nearly year-round in warm regions coral-pink in Autumn 20 and 40 inches for updates on new plant arrivals deals. ; BYB for iPad ; BYB for iPad ; BYB for Android ; sphaeralcea ambigua care Cart perennial. Ambigua ) brings a unique “ cottage-garden ” feel to the Mojave and Sonoran deserts of the US and.... To be a 3-4 sphaeralcea ambigua care shrub be found through the desert areas of California and Western!
How To Identify Ragweed, Ibeat Heart Watch Australia, Sizewell C Latest, Grinder Pump Overflowing, John Butler Wife, Homes For Sale By Owner Holmen, Wi, Bfgoodrich Mud Terrain T/a Km, Rdweb Keeps Asking For Credentials,