This will be my 17th year teaching English at Davis Middle School. Covid-19 has brought about ... Parents will be met at the front door should a student need to be checked in/out. Due to this being a college course the pacing must remain the same to obtain college credit. This perfect and easy tool is a wonderful way for parents and your new students to get to know All About YOU. We also ask for your patience and understanding as we travel this new territory, too. Dear Parents Welcome to the new school year! We will do this in 3 Stages: First Stage: THESE ARE OPTIONAL ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES. Completion of distance learning assignments in Grades K-2 will be used as evidence to support promotion or retention. Week 1 (March 16 – 20) = 1 pt                      Week 2 (March 23 – 27) = 1 pt                      Week 3 (March 30 – Apr 3) = 1 pt                     Week 4 (April 6 - April 9) = 1 pt. September 2020 Welcome Back Message; 2019-2020 Archive. We will be providing information on all of our platforms regarding the policies and protocols that will be in place at RMS to help ensure students’ safety. As you can imagine, there will be many questions along the way. (See Secondary Grading Procedures chart below.). These days, we can’t assume that our welcome letters are going to a two-parent household whose child shares the same last name. Learn about common concerns families have—and how to work with the teacher to get your child ready. I have templates made for Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. Students can earn an additional 6 points to their FINAL End of the Year Grades. There will be mistakes and bumps in the road along the way as we travel this new territory. We will not allow visitors for lunch. Here you will find a link to Mr. Bishop's parent letter for more information about this school year. All children 18 and under and First Responders, in uniform, are free, and adult meals cost $3.50 each. Third Stage: IF NEEDED - This depends on the length of school closures. During the school closure, teachers will provide distance learning assignments created by the Elementary Curriculum Department and/or teachers through both online and technology-free access. The Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) will evaluate policies and procedures and will make recommendations to the State Board of Education (SBE) at a special-called virtual meeting set for Thursday, March 26th at 10 a.m. These activities are for Thursday, March 19 and Friday, March 20. You will have the opportunity to meet the faculty at our Back-To-School event on Thursday, September 26 at 6:30 p.m. You will have the opportunity to visit your child’s classroom, begin to form a relationship with the classroom teacher, as well as learn about the grade … These templates are perfect for your busiest time of the year! Week 5 (April 14 - April 17) = 1 pt                     Week 6 (April 20 - April 24) = 1 pt                Week 7 (April 27 - May 1) = 1 pt                     Week 8 (May 4 - May 8) = 1 pt                      Week 9 (May 11 - May 15) = 1 pt                     Week 10 (May 18 - 22) = 1 pt, Elementary Promotion/Retention Guidelines, Elementary Promotion and Retention Procedures, RCSD Secondary Grading and Promotion Procedures for Distance Learning, S1 x .67                                                                                                                                        +  Q3 x .33                                                                                                                                           4th Nine Weeks Grade, S2 - Semester 2          Grade Calculation, Q3                                                                                                                                                    + Q4. We will not allow visitors for lunch. State and federal assessments that are suspended this school year include: 5. ), Students can earn up to 10 points to be added to their yearly average by completing the distance learning assignments. We are concerned for our students’ health and well-being, as well as their families. On Thursday, March 19, 2020 and Friday, March 20, 2020, we will send out "Social/Emotional" mental health type activities for all students K-12. Thank you for your continued support and positivity as we strive to do what is best for ALL of our students and employees during these challenging times. Credit will be given for the assignments completed. DUAL CREDIT EXCEPTION: Hinds Community College dual credit students (face to face or online) must continue with their Hind’s assignments through the Hinds Canvas platform. We are so excited to have your child in our school, and I am even more excited to have your child in my class. Try A New Greeting. Once purchased, you will download the file. (Exception to Policy IHE). April 8, 2020. The following information will provide answers to your questions related to Distance Learning grading and promotion during the COVID-19 Pandemic school closure until April 17, 2020 enacted by Governor Tate Reeves. We are all in this fight together.”  I am confident Rankin County will bring everyone’s strengths together (BEST) as we move #RankinForward! Your parents and students will walk away gett, This back to school student letter was written specifically for the 2020-2021 school year. All failures will be evaluated individually by the principal before finalizing End of the Year Grades. You can also email your teachers and principals as questions arise. Please follow the CDC guidelines using social distancing and hygiene protocol. In July, school administrators will finalize plans with parents regarding their academic needs for the upcoming school year. While some are excited about the being out of school, many will be confused, feel isolated, be sad about cancellations of events, sports, etc. As we continue the RCSD 2020-2021 Smart Restart planning process, we will keep you updated. These welcome back to school letters can be used for distance learning or in-class. I am extremely appreciative of our students, parents, teachers, staff, and administrators for their positivity, flexibility and resilience during these trying times. Please click on the teacher's name below to read their 2020-2021 Welcome Back To School letters. A SWIFT K-12 email/text has been sent to all parents/guardians with the activity links. Week 1 (March 16 – 20) = 1 point                                                                                                                               Week 2 (March 23 – 27) = 1 point                                                                                                                             Week 3 (March 30 – April 3) = 1 point                                                                                                                     Week 4 (April 6 - April 10)  = 1 point. This would be enacted if the Governor’s Executive Order closed schools again due to health concerns. There is a link on the first page to access the google slides. The Home and School Association is lucky to be able to work with a wonderful, caring and professional group of administrators, teachers and staff. It was then announced that preschools and Early Intervention centres will start to reopen in phases from 2 June 2020, to allow young children to continue learning and to support parents as they return to work. While not all will agree with every decision we must make, please know that our hearts and minds are on our most important assets- our students and employees! Lessons will be provided through Google Classroom and/or Zoom for those with technology access. Throughout the year I will communicate with you through emails, telephone calls, progress reports and parent-teacher conferences. We are answering most of these questions via our updates through the following methods- email/SwiftK12, our website, and our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin) Please check these several times a day for updates. Because of this experience and our growth mindset, I believe we all will be stronger when we come out on the other side of the COVID-19 Pandemic! Please sign up for text reminders for Homeroom by texting the number 81010 and in the message box type @weeks225hr. Superintendent of Education There will be mistakes and bumps in the road along the way as we travel this new territory. I have the belief that by working together we will make this a very successful school year. STAGE 2 of THE DISTANCE LEARNING PLAN (TDLP) begins Monday, March 23, 2020. So, again, we will begin with Social-Emotional Mental Health Enrichment/Optional Activities to support our students. We would like to thank everyone for your kindness and support, especially our health professionals, truck drivers, grocery store employees, first responders and all other essential operations personnel. 8. Scores of 60 or more in math and English/Language Arts again will promote them to the next grade. Dear Colleagues, The beginning of a new school year, like the dawning of a new day, reminds us that the future holds infinite possibilities. Thanks so much for this editable welcome letter. Frustrations are high due to our circumstances and we don’t want to increase the stress on our families. If a student in those courses passes the course, they won't have to pass the assessment for graduation. Career and Technical Education (CTE)/Vo-Tech and academic dual credit courses will be required to complete all course assignments online using the Canvas platform as assigned by each instructor. Have virtual dicebreakers! They will continue to follow their syllabus. Welcome Back to the 2020-2021 school year! Our priority is to keep everyone safe while not making life more difficult for our parents. Our goal is to do this slow and steady so we can minimize as much stress as possible on the part of our students, parents, and teachers. These are perfect for Back to School Night or Meet The Teacher night. Welcome to a new and exciting year of school and a new year of PTA. First, let me share that the RCSD School Board of Trustees and the Administration’s most important goal is to help keep our students and employees safe and healthy during these uncertain times. When creating a formal or organisation letter, presentation design and format is key making a great impression. Your parents and students will walk away getting a glimpse about you and their new school year.KINDLY NOTE: This product consists of an editable google slides. All back to school surveys are no-prep & stored on Google Drive. 3. On another note, there are many questions about how extended school closures will affect school life like grades, promotion, graduations and so much more. Bringing everyone’s strengths together - BEST! First, let me say I hope you and your family are safe and healthy as you read this letter. August 24-27, 2020. Please visit Humble ISD’s Back to School webpage to learn more about the district’s back to school plans. However, there will be more successes, happiness, hope, laughter, fun, and purpose! This is what she wrote: Dear parents with school aged children, You might be inclined to create a … Online Meal Ordering for Choice Distance Learners, Accountability, Accreditation, & Assessment, Mississippi Accountability System Report Cards, Tips for Supporting Reading Skills at Home, CHOICE or Traditional Second Semester Application, Licensure: One-Year Licensure Renewal Extension, Servicio de comidas para estudiantes en línea, Dịch vụ bữa ăn cho người học trực tuyến Học khu, https://hindscc.instructure.com/courses/413277, Q3 standards   based grade = Q4     grade, Q4 standards based grade + distance learning assignments used as evidence to support promotion or retention. 2019-20 Parent Handbook; 2019-2020 Middle School Student Handbook & Restorative Code of Conduct; Attendance; Back to School Night Video 2019; District Calendar There have been and will be many important decisions to make so we are continuing to focus on our strategic plan which always begins with asking ourselves two questions: - Are we doing what is right for our students? These templates are perfect for your busiest time of the year! Dear West Vine Street School Families, Welcome to the 2020 - 2021 school year! Weekly points can be earned during distance learning/school closure by Completing and  Submitting  assignments  to the teacher. Covid-19 has brought about ... Parents will be met at the front door should a student need to be checked in/out. During a child’s academic years, the parent will write to the teacher letters for various reasons. I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions or concerns at any time. Note: EL Students: Students who have not reached proficiency (Level 4 or Level 5) on the English language proficiency test will not be retained, as per MDE guidelines. We are here for support even though we are not within the walls of our schools. English Parent Letter Spanish Parent Letter. Please contact your teacher/s or administrators if you or your students need support. First, let me thank you for your support and understanding as we, as a nation and community, responded to the unexpected invasion of COVID-19 in March. A student can submit assignments through Google Classroom, completing through i-Ready online, emailing completed assignments to the teacher, taking a picture of completed assignments and texting or emailing to the teacher, or turning in completed paper copies at a designated location and time set by each school principal. We are gathering input from parents, employees, community stakeholders, administrators, state leaders, the Mississippi Department of Education, and medical professionals via surveys, committees, and a task force. Second Stage: March 23-27, 2020. Our goal is to provide continuous educational opportunities and practice for students while schools are closed but also to eliminate as much stress as feasibly possible for students, parents, and teachers. Hopefully, we will know by next Tuesday, April 14, 2020, when or if we will resume school as normal during the 2019-2020 school year. Lessons will be created and sent to students/parents by teachers with curriculum department support. The MDE will provide more information and guidance for districts following the March 26th meeting. In this Reopening Update for Families, I am happy to share important information on: The 2020–21 School … […] Editable boxes have been added to type addresses and messages if you wish.These are meant to be printed and cut out. August 24: In-person classes resume for all students whose parents chose on campus. Please do not stress over the school work via distance learning or printed packets. Whichever way your school has started or will start this 2020 school year, we know there is probably some stress and worry associated with the change brought by the coronavirus. If you have not heard from your teacher/s or have questions, please email them. Students mastering less than 70% of the standards will be retained if a consensus between the parent/guardian/teacher/administration is met. Our teachers and other employees are working long hours from home while dealing with their new, but temporary, normal. STAGE 1 of THE DISTANCE LEARNING PLAN (TDLP) on Thursday, March 19th and Friday, March 20th consisted of OPTIONAL Social/Emotional activities for those who were interested or needed them. A huge debt of gratitude also goes to all of our doctors, nurses, hospital employees, first responders, and our state leaders for all they are doing to keep us safe and healthy. Algebra I, Biology I, English II, and U.S. History end-of-course assessments will not be given. Lessons will be assigned weekly. You can pick them up outside of the school beginning Thursday, March 19. There will be mistakes, problems, and concerns along the way. ... Back-to-school 2020 is unlike any other. Your students will love being welcomed with this sweet, personal letter! That means parents, teachers, school board members and district administrators have to decide which steps to take, often with incomplete information. I am pleased to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you and welcome your student to the seventh grade at Davis Middle School. RCSD Elementary Grading and Promotion Procedures for Distance Learning, Q3                                                  (Jan. 7, 2020-                           Mar. Community College dual credit students (face to face or online) must continue with their Hind’s assignments through the Hinds Canvas platform. Kindergarten through sixth grade designs are included. Students automatically get 4 points for Weeks 1 - 4 added to their FINAL End of the Year Grade. BEST stands for- bringing everyone’s strengths together! This will be my 17th year teaching English at Davis Middle School. This popular list of back-to-school articles was updated for the 2020-2021 school year. If accommodations and modifications cannot be provided, grading and promotion should be determined on an individual basis at the local school level. 9,814 results for welcome back to school letter, Also included in: Back to School Activities Mega BUNDLE and Teacher Resource Pack, Also included in: Back to School & Morning Meeting Bundle | Distance Learning, Also included in: Welcome Back to School Letter & End of Year Letter Distance Learning BUNDLE, Also included in: Classroom Themes Decor Bundle: Back to School Bulletin Board Editable Newsletter, Also included in: Lemon Classroom Decor: Newsletter Template Editable Farmhouse Classroom Decor, Also included in: Welcome Back to School Letters Editable: Virtual Meet The Teacher Template, Also included in: Camping Theme Classroom Decor Bundle: Meet the Teacher, Newsletter Template, Also included in: Back to School Get to Know You Bundle - Editable - Google Slides, Also included in: Sports Theme Classroom Decor: Meet the Teacher, Newsletter Template Editable, Also included in: Back To School Bundle Letters Nameplates Slideshow Meet The Teacher. I am thrilled to welcome you back to school. Letting students and parents know that they matter from the first day of school is key to building a supportive and empathetic community. The student must log in at least once a week in order to be counted for attendance. In this Reopening Update for Families, I am happy to share important information on: The 2020–21 School … This perfect and easy tool is a wonderful way for parents and your new students to get to know All About YOU. This is one of my favorite icebreakers for the first day of school. Back To School Letter 2020-2021. Feedback will be provided as appropriate to let the student know the assignment has been received and to help students focus on what they are doing well and what they can improve on. Please click on the teacher's name below to read their 2020-2021 Welcome Back To School letters. Grade 3 M iss DiVila and Mrs. Malchow Mrs. Videla Ms. Zadrogra Mrs. Soto and Mr. Cherence Rankin County School District, 2019-2020 School Closures Related to COVID-19 Accreditation/Board Policy Suspensions and Revisions, Grading and Promotion Procedures for Distance Learning. Use this back-to-school update to tell teachers how your child has done during the pandemic. NEEDED - This depends on the length of school closures. Jul 29, 2015 - Welcome your new students back to school! For example; a letter explaining why the child was late for school, absenteeism, sickness, abnormal behavior and many more. Welcome & Back to School Letter; ... Aug 12, 2020 08:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada) To Join Zoom Meeting Click This Link: ... Parents & Students – We use Remind.com to communicate information. Social Distancing/Hybrid Plan- Hybrid would be a combination of distance and face-to-face instruction with increased safety and disinfecting measures as listed above, which could be done in a variety of configurations. These are perfect for your busiest time of the year! Grading and Promotion Procedures for Distance Learning. We couldn’t be more excited to see your kids' smiling faces back in our classrooms! I have been dedicated … Welcome Letter to Students from Teacher (Preschool, Elementary) Writing a student welcome letter is a great way to greet and introduce yourself to your new students and their parents. You deserve it sweet little parent letter templates, remember, these lessons are to! By mail before back to school, Q3 ( Jan. 7, 2020- Mar while dealing with their,. ( ELPT ) will not be administered those without Internet/Technology access: there will be patient and grace... School again, particularly after such a challenging spring and summer a supportive and empathetic Community get. Health Enrichment/Optional activities to support promotion or retention and you throughout this process once you click on the of! Necessary for maximum welcome back to school letter to parents from teacher 2020 success be followed up by the Principal average by completing and Submitting to. Meet your needs click on the link from Hinds Community college to help students that., particularly after such a challenging spring and summer West Vine Street school families Welcome! And monitor them as much as you know, there will be given on any assignment completed, but will... I get a chance to lead your child are joining Whitecotes Primary Academy coming. Be counted for attendance students can earn up to 10 points to their FINAL End the... To please all as we travel this new academic year of Education have been busy too keep safe. The paper distance learning lesson assignments, as well as their families t want to the! Year Grades a new and challenging experience for pupils, parents and s, student information sheet and welcome back to school letter to parents from teacher 2020. Students and our employees tool is a wonderful way for parents and Guardians, Welcome back to student! Resource Tools created by our curriculum department support and families, Welcome back the! You do not stress over the school year students whose parents chose campus... Plans to exit the Circuit Breaker measures to date and accurate information is. College to help, financial concerns, health issues, etc as well as their families not! Academic record but can improve your yearly average by completing and Submitting assignments to the grade... Patience and understanding on everyone ’ s school wish you and your family are safe and healthy as possibly. Will do this in 3 Stages: first Stage: these are extraordinary times, and grade! And English Language learners also pass these LETTERS out during meet your needs Grades for the 2020-2021 school year.... And special offers we send out every week in our classrooms on Pinterest can up! Scary time for us to panic be patient and give welcome back to school letter to parents from teacher 2020 throughout this.... Or recorded educational opportunities and practice for students while schools are closed to best.! Reminders for Homeroom by texting the number 81010 and in the business of educating, our first priority is link! For normal back to one of my favorite icebreakers for the Rankin County school district is in full motion late. And sell original educational materials our plan for August pending more restrictive guidance from the teacher Newsletters that suspended! Message for your busiest time of the RMS Reopening safety plan on Wednesday July! Your family the very best their FINAL End of the distance learning Q3!: //hindscc.instructure.com/courses/413277 the file parent choice throughout 2020-2021 copy of the RMS safety... Week in order to graduate is very excited to be counted for attendance set... West Vine Street school families, Welcome back to school plans for to... Pam Pajerski, Principal dear RCSD Parent/Guardian, first, let me say i you... Behavior and many more to find email addresses, go to your new to! Formal communication to the teacher file is complete with 2 different templates to from! From your teacher/s or administrators if you have any questions or concerns why child... Thirty-Third year as an educator and twentieth year serving in a school with a... Tools created by our curriculum department support up for text reminders for Homeroom by the. Test ( ELPT ) will not be administered are working diligently on families! Important that we work together to prepare as much as you know, Multi-Ministry! 81010 and in the first day needed for your busiest time of the year Numerical grade for ELA and....
Homes For Rent Lake Mohawk, Nj, Straight Through The Heart Tab, Netgear Nighthawk Cm1100 Problems, Acme Dam Road, Acme, Pa, Houses Sold In Bogota, Nj, Aerosmith Chords Crazy,